Wednesday 3 November 2010

2010 so far

In February 2010 I was named Bowls England Bowler of the Year. I was delighted to receive this prestigious award.

In May 2010 I competed in the trials for the England International Team. After playing well in the trials I was selected again for the England Team.

In June 2010 I represented England in the British Isles Singles Championship where I lost at the Quarter-final stage. It was dissapointing to lose at this stage but my opponent from Jersey played extremely well.
I also represented England in the British Isles International Series. The British Isles International Series is an annual event with teams from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Each team consists of 6 rinks of 4 players. After beating Ireland and Wales in the first 2 games, England narrowly lost to Scotland in the last game and finished second to Scotland on shots difference. The rink that I played in won all 3 games and was England's top rink.

In July 2010 I won the Derbyshire County Triples and the Derbyshire County Fours Titles.

In August 2010 I reached the Last 16 stage of the Bowls England National Triples Championship and the Last 16 stage of the Bowls England National Fours Championship. It was disappointing to lose at this stage and I will be looking to go further in the events next year.

In October 2010 I was the reserve for the Commonwealth Games Bowls England Team. I was not required to go to Delhi. The England Team was very succesful in the games winning medals in 5 of the 6 events.